Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Puss In Boots and other fun things...

Well! Boy did I get carried away on the weekend... I finally decided to take part in one of the weekly competitions over at conceptart.org. This week's "Character of the Week" was Puss In Boots. I started this on Friday night and finished it on Saturday night, with a bit of sleep in between. It is an incredible motivator to have people looking at your works in progress! Shame I never had the time to do a proper background... but at least it's a finished image.. and it took me a DAY! What kills me about that is the amount of half-finished pieces I have sitting on my hard-drive that I'm sure I could just finish very quickly if I were to find the motivation... God bless conceptart.org. I am so gonna get into this ChoW business....


Speaking of not finishing stuff.. here's a little study I started in spare time at work quite awhile ago. It's not finished, but I am finished with IT! I don't expect to ever touch it again...


And I did this today for a guy at work. He's paying me with a six pack. I had to squeeze it in cause I am under the pump at work, so it's kinda messy but I am happy with how it turned out.



So, on the whole, I feel like I am living and breathing drawing at the moment. I think about it constantly, and most of my spare time is spent doing it. Not great for my social life but I don't really mind cause I am loving it so much at the moment. So hopefully this blog will see plenty more action in the days/weeks/months to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment